waiver wire problems

Talk fantasy baseball, player evaluation, strategies and all things baseball!

waiver wire problems

Postby doublemuslims » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Is anyone having problems claiming recently waived players. I click on the player, the player card comes up, I click on 'free agent,' it takes me to add/drop, and no player name comes up. Can't get it to work.
doublemuslims
Rookie

Re: waiver wire problems

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:56 am

I think the page is probably not handling the waived players correctly. You can't pickup recently waived players via the Add/Drop page, you have to use the waivers and submit a claim for the next week. Until that next waiver, those players are protected.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby doublemuslims » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:55 am

Correct. What I'm attempting to do is claim players that were just waived, Sunday night, for next Sunday night. But I can't get the player name to appear to make a claim. I did a bunch of add/drops today on unprotected players with no problem. I would click on the player, and his name would appear on the add/drop page. But when I try to claim a guy who was just waived, protected, for next Sunday night's waiver period, I can't get the name to appear. I made waiver claims all month prior to Sunday night with no problem. Just can't get it to work for next Sunday night.
doublemuslims
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:21 pm

Ok, I think I got it now. I think at this point the Free Agent button should be taking you to the waiver claim page and instead it's going to the Add-Drop page instead, where it's at least currently too late to add any players.

So 1. We need to redirect the Free Agent button to go to the waivers page where you can claim the "protected" player for next week and 2. We need to look at the Add-Drop page when coming to it with a protected player that you can't really add yet and handle that better (may have to wait until next week's Free Agent Add period is open for that).

In the meantime, you can go to the Waiver page and find the player in question and add a claim for him without a problem. That would be your workaround for the moment, we'll try to get the rest fixed asap.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby doublemuslims » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:45 pm

It works today. The 'protected players' are now showing up on position cue, so it's no problem making a claim. I guess what happened is the players that were waived on Sunday could not be added to the cue until the add/drop period was over, which lasted all day. Thing is, I've been doing RealTime for years, and have never encountered this. So I assumed there was some sort of glitch with the new format. But it's cool. Just have to wait for the add/drop period to conclude, then make claims.

Can't say I like the new WW format. I prefer the old one. However, one change I love is they no longer have an RP designation. It's just all Ps. So ya can start any combination of starters and RPs that ya like. I dig the hell out of that.
doublemuslims
Rookie

Postby Tomace22 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:17 pm

OF Eloy Jiménez, Chicago White Sox

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/mlb/mlb-betting#futures

Jiménez has been an awesome source of power in both seasons in Majors and seems ready for another huge year!
Tomace22
Rookie

Return to RealTime Baseball