Starting pitchers as closers?

Talk fantasy baseball, player evaluation, strategies and all things baseball!

Starting pitchers as closers?

Postby Robby777 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:35 am

My opponent is using Danny Duffy and Tanner Roark in the closer roles when they are starters on both of these teams. I've never heard of such nonsense. His team name is Dropping Dimes and mine is Vladdy's Bat Speed. If teams are able to do this, then this will be the end of my time using this site.

Thanks,

Rob
Robby777
Rookie

Re: Starting pitchers as closers?

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:33 pm

Robby777 wrote:My opponent is using Danny Duffy and Tanner Roark in the closer roles when they are starters on both of these teams. I've never heard of such nonsense. His team name is Dropping Dimes and mine is Vladdy's Bat Speed. If teams are able to do this, then this will be the end of my time using this site.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,
It's been like this since our Triple Play games were created in 2013 and comes down to the positition eligibility rules:
Players automatically qualify at the Starting Pitcher position with 3 or more starts from the previous or current year in the majors. Players automatically qualify at the Relief Pitcher position with 5 or more relief appearances from the previous or current year in the majors.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Robby777 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:03 am

No biggy I'll be playing baseball on a different site since that rule makes 0 sense at all period.
Robby777
Rookie

Postby steveman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:48 pm

thats the way it works on all sites i have ever played and is a smart move on your opponents behalf! know the rules!
steveman
Rookie

Return to RealTime Baseball