Question for commissioner!!?

Talk fantasy baseball, player evaluation, strategies and all things baseball!

Question for commissioner!!?

Postby TommyLs » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:55 pm

If I make an add/drop claim after the completion of our draft will it be In effect before week 1 lineups lock? Or will it only be applied to week 2?
TommyLs
Rookie

Re: Question for commissioner!!?

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:23 am

I think you're asking about baseball, and yes the waiver results will be done before lineups have to be set for week 1. Waivers run Sunday night, players have to be in your week 1 starting lineup before the player's first game on Monday or Tuesday.

From the rules:

Weekly Lineups
--------------------
The Contest uses a single starting lineup for each team per week. A week runs from Monday's games through Sunday's games (the exception is MLB Week 1 when it runs from Sunday to Sunday). Team owners may start or bench a player for the current week up until the beginning of the first game for that player that week. After that time that player is locked and cannot be started or benched. In addition, lineup changes are allowed one week in advance.
The lineup deadline for the players in the April 2, 2017 opening games will be 12:00p.m. ET, Monday April 3, 2017.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SheVegas » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Am I reading the above right? For baseball, Sunday April 2nd I see an undrafted player hit 2 homeruns, I can put in for him on a waiver claim, get him and then start him on Monday morning April 3rd for the first week?

The lineup deadline for the players in the April 2, 2017 opening games will be 12:00p.m. ET, Monday April 3, 2017

So an undrafted player plays on April 2nd, does well I pick him up I can start before his next game on the 3rd? Also do I get his the players point for the game on April 2nd?
SheVegas
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:05 am

Vegas,
Yes to all your questions.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KP5150 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:11 am

I'm putting in a waiver claim for week 1. The player I want to drop is playing on Sunday, before the waiver wire runs on Sunday night. Will my waiver wire go through since the player I want to drop has already played?
KP5150
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:47 am

KP5150 wrote:I'm putting in a waiver claim for week 1. The player I want to drop is playing on Sunday, before the waiver wire runs on Sunday night. Will my waiver wire go through since the player I want to drop has already played?

Yes
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to RealTime Baseball