Mock draft starts today

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Mock draft starts today

Postby power18 » Wed May 18, 2005 2:18 pm

If anyone is interested, the mock draft for the champions league starts today (Wednesday) at noon. We have a guest login setup for those interested in watching the proceedings. It is – account ID: rtchamps, password: guests. Just thought I would let everyone know and feel free to comment on the picks. Thanks. –Jeff
power18
Site Admin
Site Admin

Champs Draft Today at Noon

Postby Dammit » Wed May 18, 2005 5:02 pm

I was present for your draft. What's up with Chad? Get with it doggone it. How long does each franchise get to perform the draft? Dang.
Dammit
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Loqutis » Wed May 18, 2005 5:11 pm

Get off the crapper Chad!
Loqutis
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Loqutis » Wed May 18, 2005 5:20 pm

Scores 1 rule defined:
For position: QBs
* 6 point(s) for each touchdown.
* 2 point(s) for each 2-point conversion.

Total Passing Yardage
* 1 bonus point(s) each 100 total yards, starting with 400 yard(s).
* 3 bonus point(s) for 300 or more yard(s).

=========

These rules favor QB's big time. Looking at the scoring options for RB and WR, they need to get TDs or 100 yards in order to get you points.

Take Cupepper Chad!
Loqutis
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Riggo44 » Wed May 18, 2005 5:21 pm

I say kick The Chad out of the league and let Dammit or Loqutis take his place!!! You weren't suppose to do the Mock Draft if you didn't have the time.

FAT ASS ANDY
Riggo44
Veteran

Postby Loqutis » Wed May 18, 2005 7:17 pm

can't sorry, I have to get some work done. :D
Loqutis
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Zippy » Wed May 18, 2005 7:23 pm

nice
InsidetheStats.com - More NFL Statistics Than You Can Shake A Stick At

Forums.InsidetheStats.com

***low member numbers available***
Zippy
Rookie

Postby Wings » Thu May 19, 2005 2:25 am

Wow, I'm impressed with this collection of champs. 5 hours into the draft and a whopping 6 picks. And the 6th pick is D. Davis. :?
Wings
Rookie

Postby Loqutis » Fri May 20, 2005 11:53 am

Loqutis wrote:
Chavez wrote:Any idea when I will hear either way about being included in this? I really want to show you guys that I will be the king of the mountain if I get the invite.

Currently we have some very fine applicants (yourself included).

As I stated earlier this is not a first come firs serve league. The best will be selected. All Champ League members pre-qualify to join the league so all of these members have first dibs on a vacant team in the "Champions Conference" . I would like to give them sufficient time to respond. There's a message posted in their Mock Draft Thread asking everyone to contact me if they plan to be a part of the league or not.

Any Champ League member not interested in joining the RT Master League will have their slot given to a qualified applicant.

As it stands now I have ONE Champ League member "Newtown" who has confirmed he will not be a part of the RT Masters League. So that opens one more spot.
Loqutis
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Barrister » Fri May 20, 2005 10:25 pm

:shock: Looks like QBs have a little more value here than in most leagues. Under this set-up I could've seen Manning, McNabb & Culpepper reasonably going 1, 2, 3 overall. [I know past performance is no guarantee of future results, but some are arguing that Manning could be a legit #1 overall this year, even in traditional scoring leagues]

Given these rules, I think Fat Ass may have gotten the steal of the draft so far in getting Bulger in the 3rd round (4th QB overall)...Rams have a pretty weak schedule this year. Combine Bulger with his 1st pick of Alexander, and 2nd of a top-tier WR, and I think ol' "Lard Bottom" is off to a strong start. :D
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Chavez » Sun May 22, 2005 5:49 pm

3 days into the draft and not even 5 full rounds done. Very disappointed with that as I would've done whatever I could to do a draft like it's supposed to be done, In one sitting over a span of 2-4 hours. I hope that if I am included in this league in any way that the draft goes better than the mock.

As for my thoughts so far, I see good in all teams except The Chad who hasn't picked a receiver yet. I think getting at least one receiver is better than getting BOTH a defense and TE. Just my opinion.
Chavez
Veteran

Postby Barrister » Sun May 22, 2005 8:50 pm

Yeah....could be moving along a bit quicker. And, with all due respect, The Chad seems to be living in a galaxy far, far away. But then, maybe that's why I didn't make the cut as a Champ Mocker.
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Loqutis » Mon May 23, 2005 12:26 pm

Chavez wrote:3 days into the draft and not even 5 full rounds done. Very disappointed with that as I would've done whatever I could to do a draft like it's supposed to be done, In one sitting over a span of 2-4 hours. I hope that if I am included in this league in any way that the draft goes better than the mock.

Loqutis wrote:I've been fielding some questions concerning the draft and how it's going to be run. Since we have so many owners and so many schedules to try and coordinate a LIVE draft really isn't an option. Instead we're going to have a continuos draft

What will happen is the draft will be set up through the RT website and inside our league website. This way i won't have to reload everyones picks into the system.

Each owner will have 24 hours from the last selection to make their selection. The hope is everyone will check the draft board every day (more often if possible) and make their selection. In this way we won't actually have 24 hours pass for each pick, and everyone won't have to be on the same schedule or in the same time zone.

I'll also start a Discussion thread RT Masters league Draft Discussion where all league owners, and forum members, can discuss each selection in detail. After each pick I would really like the owner who made the section to post their pick in this tread and a brief comment on why they selected tis player at this point in he draft
Loqutis
All Pro
All Pro

Return to RealTime Board