Jordy, Brandon, or Alshon? Which one and why?

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Jordy, Brandon, or Alshon? Which one and why?

Postby EL_Spartans1339 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:48 pm

Keeper league - who should I keep and why?
EL_Spartans1339
Rookie

Re: Jordy, Brandon, or Alshon? Which one and why?

Postby mateo22 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:59 am

Each one has their strong points and weak points. I personally would go with jordy. His last season he was healthy he finished 2nd amongst wrs. Plus a good schedule this year. I don't think marshall will match or beat last year's numbers and jeffrey can't seem to stay healthy for 16 games
mateo22
Veteran

Postby EAustin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Brandon Marshall, no question. As an owner of Nelson for many years I can tell you that after an injury like this, at his age, he won't be a shell of his former self. He relies on quick cuts/breaks, and speed. I also owned Jeffery for several years and you can never count on him to play. Marshall is the safest bet for consistent production.
EAustin
Rookie

Postby Gators120230 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:33 pm

I would keep Alshon Jeffery, the other 2 guys are much older, Nelson and Marshall have maybe 1-2 years left of WR1 production left in the tank.
Gators120230
Rookie

Postby Zenden » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 am

I would go Jeffery; he's younger and Chicago has a good schedule, as does GB, but Chi will probably be playing from behind most of the time. also not sold on Langford or their running game.
Zenden
Rookie

Postby BenandJason » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 pm

None of them are long term keepers most likely so keep the best one for this season... Stuff changes fast. I like Marshall to have same season he had last year.
BenandJason
Rookie

Postby MMead05 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 pm

I rank these players in the order of Jordy, Brandon, Jeffery. So I would personally keep Jordy. The injury doesn't concern me as much as it may concern others. He is a great all around WR for fantasy with the best QB of the 3. He is highly productive and efficient in all scoring formats. PPR, non PPR, Bonus for yards or longer tds, or just standard. He is the guy that will produce on a consistent level week in and week out. I don't tend to pick a player based on their injury concerns. Although, I'm willing to take the risks that I believe will have a greater reward than those you may play it safe with. FYI, Marshall is dealing with a hip and Alshon always has injury problems. So none of these 3 can provide you much comfort in their ability of avoiding injury. I don't think there is a terrible choice here, but you have to go with the guy you most prefer to have on your roster. Good luck
MMead05
Rookie

Postby dwenz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:59 am

Your first priority should be to win now...Jordy, because he has Aaron Rogers throwing him the ball.
dwenz
Rookie

Postby flizm » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Keep Brandin Cooks
flizm
Veteran

Return to RealTime Board