Game odds

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Game odds

Postby JMan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 am

Two suggestions.

1) Sum up the totals in the lineup page so we can see it. Seems easy enough to do.

2) In best ball leagues, have the best lineups based off of projections go towards the projections, or allow us to shut the projections off all together.

I am in a best ball league where Week 1 I am -30 and Jay Ajayi is in my lineup. I can tell you right now he'll put up a donut Week 1. It just looks bad.
JMan
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Game odds

Postby ChrisToeFer » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Sorry, not following, you'll have to point to a league and team.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JMan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:43 pm

So on the scoreboard page you guys post odds until THUR night right?

Team A
Team B +6

These odds are made up from summing the projections in the lineup page (minus the kicker which you don't project for some reason). My point is there is not a sum total that we can see. If I want to see that I am projected to have 105 pts I have to add up 9 numbers from the Lineup screen. It'd just be nice to have a sum on the lineup page or even the GameCast page.

As for best balls, I play in one best ball league and before the game there is no rhyme or reason to how the lineups look BEFORE the games. In my opinion the lineups should be your best team based of RT projections. Like best ball off projections. You would then calculate the odds off of that. Because of this flaw, in any best ball league the "odds" are really all over the place and mean nothing at all, as you'll slide players that are on IR, suspended, etc, into the lineup for no real reason prior to THUR night. Once the games start those 0 payers get removed and all is fine. But from an odds perspective it makes no sense. I'd rather not see the odds at all, or see them based of who RT thinks is my BEST lineup prior to the THUR game kickoff when you remove the odds.

Make sense?
JMan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby JMan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm

https://ibb.co/JQd1jC9

This is what I mean. Team on the left is -30. That is all we know. Because it is best ball you can't even go into the lineup screens to see the projections. So all you have is -30. You can't see player projections at all, nor can you see total game projections. Just that the team on the left is -30.

Also, you'll see Jay Ajayi is in the lineup. Why? He's getting a donut Week 1. What I am suggesting for best ball leagues is for the "lineups" to be driven off of projections until the Thursday night game starts.

Being able to see player projections and team projected totals someplace would also be nice for all types of leagues, not just best ball.
JMan
All Pro
All Pro

Return to RealTime Board