Checking Owners’ Names Before Joining Leahue

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Checking Owners’ Names Before Joining Leahue

Postby USABaseball » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:10 am

Is there a way to check the names of the team owners BEFORE joining a fantasy baseball league? I’m trying to avoid an awful owner named Lawrence Hadley. He ruined several of my drafts last year and now he’s back this year. He intentionally waits until the very last minute (or seconds) to make his draft pick with every selection slowing the draft down terribly. I know how to check the names after I join the league, but I’d rather know before joining so I can avoid any leagues that he is in altogether.
USABaseball
Rookie

Re: Checking Owners’ Names Before Joining Leahue

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:36 pm

USABB,
You can't really check that before a draft fills, all we show you is the owner's ranking level - since that's a state law requirement in various states.

As an aside, I have monitored drafts he's been in on this site for 7+ years. At times he has definitely been intentional with his delay tactics. We have called him on this many times, kicked him out of leagues, told him to stop playing here for the remainder of seasons, etc. Last season we monitored nearly every draft he was in from February on and he actually played them all the same way. He's generally in 3-4 at a time and logs in to make his picks on each of them ~3 times a day. Each time he logged in he made picks in all the drafts he was up in. We were specifically looking for him logging in while on the clock and not making a pick and we never saw this once. Having said that, we haven't ramped up our monitoring of him yet this year, but if you see any of his previous delay tactics, please contact support and let us know which league.

I will mention though, as annoying as his drafting practices are, it's to everyone's monetary advantage to be in as many leagues as possible as him. He may be the closest thing we have on the site to a free ATM machine for all.

- CTF
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Checking Owners’ Names Before Joining Leahue

Postby USABaseball » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Thanks for the reply CTF, very much appreciated! Sorry I put it here instead of in the baseball forums, where it should have been places. Yes, I totally agree with you. He’s a terrible owner who doesn’t monitor his teams after the season, giving himself ZERO chance of winning! I love the way you put it - human ATM machine! And you’re right, I should be glad to play in any league with him because it reduces the competition! :lol: Thanks again for the reply and the thorough and conscientious explanation. Very professional response which is much appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of the RTS staff!
USABaseball
Rookie

Return to RealTime Board