Salary cap?

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Salary cap?

Postby squintyeyedjoe » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:14 pm

We've been with RTS a few years. Last year we changed from total points to head to head. This year we would like to set a salary cap.
Are there any options to help us with this available? Our commish said that we have to monitor all of this ourselves.
squintyeyedjoe
Rookie

Postby JohnBoy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:15 pm

I do not believe this is true. You can limit the salary. You go into "Parameters" and say "Yes" to the Salary Cap question. You will then have access to more information in regards to the Salary Cap. You will set the amount of the Cap and you will also be able to set the Players Salaries. Once that is done, all teams will then have to stay within the Cap.
JohnBoy
Veteran

Postby Chavez » Tue May 10, 2005 10:55 am

Once you set a cap and have salaries for all players than the system will manage itself. It will not let you make moves that exceed the cap or other things like roster limitations. The RT staff is very helpful in these situations. My league has used a salary cap with no problems.
Chavez
Veteran

Postby UselessSOB » Sat May 14, 2005 1:47 am

Chavez wrote:Once you set a cap and have salaries for all players than the system will manage itself. It will not let you make moves that exceed the cap or other things like roster limitations. The RT staff is very helpful in these situations. My league has used a salary cap with no problems.

Chavez,

Can you tell me what values that you use for your player cap. I have never used before and am very interested in setting one up.

Thanks.
UselessSOB
Rookie

salary cap

Postby buster10 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:53 pm

Our league has had a cap for 3 years now $100 is a good figure easy to work with. What we do is you can keep up to 3 players from the previous season but must give each a $5 raise .You can only keep a player for 3 seasons this way it gives other teams an oppurtunity at a super star, from season to season.Best bet is to poll your owners see what they think then come to a concensus as to what your plan is. Good luck
buster10
Rookie

Postby buster10 » Sun May 15, 2005 1:00 pm

On my previous post each team has a $100 salary cap .This makes for interesting draft day the minimum salary is $1. After the draft is done you set all your salarys any players not taken are automatically $1 salary players ,so if your careful during the draft you can always find some bargains.However you must be careful because whatever salary is set on a drafted player remains thru an entire season.
buster10
Rookie

Postby ThePez » Wed May 18, 2005 5:19 am

How do you determine your player values? Or is that determined at the actual auction? I might dabble in this format this season so any info would be be appreciated! Thanks
ThePez
Veteran

Postby gimmetheloot » Wed May 18, 2005 12:54 pm

the player values are determined through the auction and are then manually entered onto the site.
gimmetheloot
Rookie

salary cap

Postby buster10 » Wed May 18, 2005 2:03 pm

Yes the values are determined at the auction draft.Any players kept from previous season must be given a $5 raise in salary.If its your 1st season with a cap then all players will have cap determined at the draft.Just as a guide our highest salary was $32,most players though were between 9 to 18 or 19 then at the end a lot went for the miminum $1 .So its best to spend accordlingly so as not to tap yourself out on 3 or 4 great players , then get stuck at the end with little cap room.
buster10
Rookie

Return to RealTime Board