Dynasty/Keeper/Salary Cap League Formation

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Dynasty/Keeper/Salary Cap League Formation

Postby RichieW13 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:25 pm

I want to create some kind of Dynasty Salary Cap league with my friends. I've been playing "regular" fantasy football for many many years.

Looking for tips on starting a league.

I want to allow the trading of future draft picks, and one of my concerns is an owner who trades away his future to win now, and then drops out of the league. Any ideas for preventing this?

If the league uses a salary cap, how do you determine player salaries?
RichieW13
Rookie

Re: Dynasty/Keeper/Salary Cap League Formation

Postby CowboysFan » Sat May 07, 2005 1:37 pm

RichieW13 wrote:I want to create some kind of Dynasty Salary Cap league with my friends. I've been playing "regular" fantasy football for many many years.

I want to allow the trading of future draft picks, and one of my concerns is an owner who trades away his future to win now, and then drops out of the league. Any ideas for preventing this?

I currently run a salary cap/contract dynasty league we have many rules, its good to start small and as problems arise address them.

AS for your questions

with future draft picks, we only allow owners to trade 2 seasons in advance, just in case they drop out, the owner taking over won't have to wait til 2220 to have his 1st rounders back. This keeps it pretty even and if for some reason an owner leaves the new owner take the team on "as is" players, salaries, draft picks

17.3) All franchise owners can only trade draft picks for the up coming season and for the next season following.
17.3.1) Trading of draft picks beyond the upcoming two season’s is prohibited

We determine salaries as follows(keep in mine we have a $15 million salary cap)

13.1) Minimum player salary is $100,000/season.
13.1.1) If a player plays in 4 or fewer games, their Productivity Value shall be based on the previous season or the association minimum, whichever is greater. If a player appears in 4 or fewer games in 2 consecutive years, their PV reverts to the association minimum.

13.2) Players' salaries will be determined by a Productivity Value (PV) calculated based on the following:
13.2.1) Position players (QB, WR, RB, and TE): each touchdown scored will have a PV of $100,000 (i.e. A QB runs for 5 touchdowns and passes for 15 touchdowns, the minimum salary for the next season is set at $2 000 000).
13.2.2) Kickers: PV of $5000 per point scored (i.e. A kicker gets 125 points, the minimum salary for the next season is set at $625 000). 13.2.3) Defences have a PV of $100,000.
13.2.4) Rookies have their PV set based on where they were selected in the NFL entry draft:
Players selected with picks 1-10: $1 000 000
Players selected in the balance of the 1st round: $750,000
Players selected in rounds 2&3: $500,000
Players selected in rounds 4&5: $250,000
Players selected in rounds 6&7 or undrafted players: $100,000

If you need more help just ask, I can share what I have
CowboysFan
Veteran

Postby RichieW13 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:38 pm

Thanks for the tips. I might like the idea of basing a salary on production the year before signing a player to a contract.
RichieW13
Rookie

Re: Dynasty/Keeper/Salary Cap League Formation

Postby Naptown » Tue May 10, 2005 4:08 am

RichieW13 wrote:I want to create some kind of Dynasty Salary Cap league with my friends. I've been playing "regular" fantasy football for many many years.

Anytime someone trades a FUTURE pick, those DUES for that year, MUST BE PAID in FULL by both parties.

Allow for veto, but RESERVE the power for SERIOUS inquiries only.
Naptown
Rookie

Return to RealTime Board