2009 WFFL OPENINGS

Form a league or recruit new owners. Put together a mock draft.

2009 WFFL OPENINGS

Postby Barrister » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:09 pm

As an admitted unrepentant pimp for the WFFL, I am already recruiting for the league next year. Why? Well, come next July & August this forum will have posts for leagues that you can’t really see in action as they actually play their season. Now I know that the vast majority of those will be GREAT leagues. But still, you will be kind of joining blind...On the other hand, the WFFL is still on-going and just heading into its Playoffs. The season ends with the championship game on NFL Superbowl Sunday. You’ve got a chance to watch the WFFL, “live”, right now. You can see everything that’s happened in the WFFL all year – before RT cleans everything out at the end of February. Both the good & the bad are totally exposed for your review.

However, a word of warning in the interest of full disclosure. Some owners love the WFFL format, others do not. It is similar to the “One-And-Done” set-up, except that we play head-to-head games & you can start any player every week. It’s that simple. In fact, here’s a couple comments from WFFL owners:

“...the best commish I’ve seen...”

“This is the dumbest league I’ve ever been in!”

I swear, those are real “testimonials” from WFFL owners. In fairness, again, I would only say that the first owner made the Playoffs & the second didn’t. lol

Anyway, just click on the link below and you can judge for yourself whether the WFFL might be your cup-of-tea or not. THEN, if you would like to be placed on a “Waiting List” to consider joining as openings develop (as they inevitably will in a 50-team league like this), just either e-mail me or post here. There’s no commitment now. I’ll just put you on the list and contact you about your interest next year BEFORE public recruiting begins. Thanks for taking the time to read through this unsolicited junk mail. …WFFL Commish Barrister
Caution: Relying On This Opinion May Impair Performance
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TBLCommish » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:59 pm

I concur with the statement about the Barrister being the BEST commish that league has ever had. He has done a tremendous job and taken the WFFL to a whole new level.

This is a great league and well worth the $10 entry fee.
Elite Dynasty Fantasy Football
http://www.thebigleague.net
TBLCommish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Barrister » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks. But you'll note I didn't say which of the league's commishes the owner was referring to.
:wink:
--------------
PS: While the 16 playoff teams are currently playing for the WFFL championship, the league owners who did NOT make the playoffs still get to play in their own tourney, with the winner receiving a free entry into the WFFL next year. That "consolation" tournament is played in a post-season league of its own, called the WPOL. If you'd like to check out how that is run, the WPOL's Guest ID is: http://www.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-league/35750
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

I'll Be Back!

Postby Cliff » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Yes, Commish B, no matter what happens! I'll plan to come back with ONLY one team next season! This year in order to help fill the league roster and also with a secret plan to assure that I would end up with my own teams playing each other in the SB, I loaded up. Didn't work as only my The World Famous Junkyard Dogs are still in the hunt, and now headed for Fresno, with the hope of defeating JohnBoy's Fresno Heat to advance in the playoffs!

I agree with the comments that you are the best Commish the WFFL has ever had! Sorry, TBL! I also appreciate your sense of humor! "“...the best commish I’ve seen...”

“This is the dumbest league I’ve ever been in!” I know you've heard this one a lot more!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, those are real “testimonials” from WFFL owners. In fairness, again, I would only say that the first owner made the Playoffs & the second didn’t. lol

[Don't forget to tell them that they can plan to lose from the very beginning, and still keep playing, (however unsuccessfully) all the way through the Super Bowl! I guess some folks thrive on losing! What is that called? Masochism? (That's one of your 50 cent words.) HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! Psssst. anyone want to buy some bullfrogs for your pond? No eating or dissecting them! :roll: :)
Cliff
Veteran

Postby FFAddict001 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:55 pm

I would like to be put on the waiting list.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
Joe Paterno

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.
Joe Paterno
FFAddict001
Veteran

Postby Barrister » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Your in my book, and checked in at #4. Thanks for the interest.

Would you send me your e-mail address? Thanks again.
--------------------
PS. After the first playoff week, we're down to the "Elite Eight"...I'm not one of them, having gotten my clock cleaned rather thoroughly. I thought that with LT pretty much ruled-out, Rivers and Vincent Jackson would feast. Wrong.
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TBird1 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Barrister wrote:Your in my book, and checked in at #4. Thanks for the interest.

Would you send me your e-mail address? Thanks again.
--------------------
PS. After the first playoff week, we're down to the "Elite Eight"...I'm not one of them, having gotten my clock cleaned rather thoroughly. I thought that with LT pretty much ruled-out, Rivers and Vincent Jackson would feast. Wrong.

You and me both Barrister - think I'd have lost anyway, but VJax 'no show' sure didn't help!!
TBird1
Veteran

Postby Barrister » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:12 pm

-----------------------------------------------------
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dapostman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:03 pm

I would like to be put on the "don't solicit me" list.

Thank You!
NFL: Buccaneers
MLB: Cardinals
NBA: Celtics
NCAAF: FSU Seminoles
Dapostman
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Barrister » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm

LOL!
My goodness. You DO have a sense of humor after all!
:D
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dapostman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Funny thing is I'm not joking. :P
Dapostman
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Barrister » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:19 pm

I kind of suspected that already. But the way you actually broke the bad news to me was sooooo cute. :P
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dapostman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:20 pm

I like to let em down easy. No hard feelings.
Dapostman
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Barrister » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 am

I rarely hold a grudge, and never for an honestly held difference of opinion. Pax.
Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Barrister » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 am

Barrister
All Pro
All Pro

Next

Return to Classifieds