Confidence/pick 'em pool players wanted

Form a league or recruit new owners. Put together a mock draft.

Confidence/pick 'em pool players wanted

Postby rwood37 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 pm

We're entering the 5th year of our annual confidence/pick 'em pool and I'm recruiting additional players. For those of you not familar, it's like a pick 'em pool, but you weigh each game and are awarded your weight for each correct game. Straight up (no spread) picking but the weights make it very fun. Honestly, I enjoy these pools almost as much as my fantasy leagues sometimes because you're in it for the entire 17-week season no matter what. So, if you're out of the running in your fantasy league(s), you've still got the pool!

This started originally with a handful of guys but last year we had 24 players. I anticipate losing 4-5 people this year so as of now I'd say we'll have about 20 players.

Here are some more details:

* Weekly payouts for the weekly winner and then cumulative winners at the conclusion of week 17. Basically, it's a cost of $5 per week with $4 of each $5 per week from each player going to the weekly winner and the other $1 going towards the year-end, cumulative winner's pot. For example, if we have 25 players, the weekly payout is $100 and a year-end, cumulative pot of $425 paid out to the top-3 finishers in a certain weight (60%, 30%, and 10%). The # of cumulative payouts and the respective weights will be determined when the final number of players is known (i.e.: The more players we have, the more cumulative payouts we'll do and vice versa).

* Because of the cumulative winnings, payment for the entire season is due up front and is either $86 via mail (or in person where applicable) or $90 via Paypal (to cover the Paypal fees). The extra $1 I collect from each player covers my personal expense for all of the checks, envelopes, and stamps for each week and at the end of the season. Otherwise, the pot is 100% distributed back to the winners. Payment is due anytime between now and the start of the regular season.

* The pool is ran on CBS Sportsline (for free) and weekly submissions from each player is done on your own on the site or by me provided I get your picks in writing (via email) at least an hour before the 1st game of the week. CBS keeps track of the weekly scores and the cumulative results so there is always good scoreboard watching and smack talking that takes place among friends. Picks are due and locked in one hour before the first game of the week, including applicable weeks that feature a Thursday night game.

* If you're interested, I need your name and email address to get started (I can get your name under separate cover for privacy reasons). I'll send you an invite to the pool and then you can just send your $86 or $90 (depending on the method) anytime before the season begins. I'll simply delete all names who haven't paid by the start of the season. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

References are available if you need to verify the legitimacy of this pool. Thanks again.
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro

Postby sparty55 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Send me the league info.

Andy C.
acookingham@ansolutions.com

thanks!
sparty55
Rookie

Postby rwood37 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Thanks for your interest Andy. You should have the pool invite in your mailbox. Let me know if you have any questions/problems. Thanks!
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro

Postby sweetness7971 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:30 pm

I am interested in your pool if you still need participants. Please drop me a line at billwisor8@gmail.com. Thank you.
sweetness7971
Rookie

Postby rwood37 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 pm

sweetness7971 wrote:I am interested in your pool if you still need participants. Please drop me a line at billwisor8@gmail.com. Thank you.

Pool invite sent and I'll also drop you an email. Thanks for your interest!
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro

Postby csmith2209 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm interested. csmith2209@yahoo.com. Thanks.
csmith2209
Rookie

Postby rwood37 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 am

csmith2209 wrote:I'm interested. csmith2209@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Invite sent. Thanks!
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro

Return to Classifieds