new nomination for dumbest play ever

Discuss issues and ideas not related to fantasy sports.

new nomination for dumbest play ever

Postby FFAddict001 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:02 am

Jackson flipping the ball backwards in celebration before he even comes close to crossing the goaline......worse then Leon Letts debacle, worse then Burress getting up and spiking the ball after a big first down pickup in the middle of the field in one of his first games. Just plain dumb. Sure, I am even more salty cause it cost me the long td, but still....D U M B. DUMB DUMB DUMB
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
Joe Paterno

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.
Joe Paterno
FFAddict001
Veteran

Re: new nomination for dumbest play ever

Postby pops01 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:49 am

FFAddict001 wrote:Jackson flipping the ball backwards in celebration before he even comes close to crossing the goaline......worse then Leon Letts debacle, worse then Burress getting up and spiking the ball after a big first down pickup in the middle of the field in one of his first games. Just plain dumb. Sure, I am even more salty cause it cost me the long td, but still....D U M B. DUMB DUMB DUMB

Agreed...Me too. Seems it is not the first time either.
pops01
Veteran

Postby Pabst_Blue » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 am

thankfully I have westy, too... but I think it's not wors than Plax, because at least the rook thought he scored... burress was the most boneheaded turnover i can remember... Leon Lett was dumb, but a big part of that was hustle and pride for the bills.... i give Jackson 2nd all time, possibly.
Commish Lost 'Eers FL
QB: Favre, Orton
RB: Westy, T. Jones, FATdale, l. booker, suckhalter, t. bell
WR: TO, L. evans, de. jackson, cocaine jones, A. Bryant
TE: winslow
K: elam
Def: Titans
HC: Dick Jauron
Pabst_Blue
Veteran

Postby FFAddict001 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Pabst_Blue wrote:thankfully I have westy, too... but I think it's not wors than Plax, because at least the rook thought he scored... burress was the most boneheaded turnover i can remember... Leon Lett was dumb, but a big part of that was hustle and pride for the bills.... i give Jackson 2nd all time, possibly.

see, I put Jackson above Burress because Burress just was dumb enough to forget the pros is differnet from college and he wasnt down cause he fell to the ground, whereas from peewee on up, its not a td til you cross the goaline and he definitly didnt cross the goalline.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
Joe Paterno

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.
Joe Paterno
FFAddict001
Veteran

Postby Pabst_Blue » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:24 pm

I can see that--I was giving Plax the nod based on his still being square in the middle of the field of play...

I think jackson was excited and careless... but really thought he was in--- Plax was being cocky after a run of the mill nice play---

Both definitely make the moron hall of fame....
Commish Lost 'Eers FL
QB: Favre, Orton
RB: Westy, T. Jones, FATdale, l. booker, suckhalter, t. bell
WR: TO, L. evans, de. jackson, cocaine jones, A. Bryant
TE: winslow
K: elam
Def: Titans
HC: Dick Jauron
Pabst_Blue
Veteran

Return to Off Topic