I am voting for....

Discuss issues and ideas not related to fantasy sports.

I am voting for

McCain / Palin
15
68%
Obama / Biden
7
32%
 
Total votes : 22

Postby Bandits » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:52 am

Crash,

You make an excellent point about the federal government and how wasteful they are with our money. When the feds decided to give everyone stimulus checks last summer, everyone knew about it from hearing it on the news etc... But what did the federal government have to do? They had to mail out notices to everyone to let us know that we would be recieving stimulus checks and when to expect them. You know how much it cost the tax payers to send out those notices in the mail??? Over 40 million dolars!!! A simple announcement on the evening news would have been much cheaper and serve the same purpose.
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby rwood37 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Today is the day. I hope everyone excercises their right to vote. Sadly, I think I already know the outcome anyways...
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:27 am

Postby TBLCommish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:42 am

Glad to see so many American get out and vote!!!

Very happy to have PA do our part to help Obama out!
Elite Dynasty Fantasy Football
http://www.thebigleague.net
TBLCommish
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:17 am

Postby Dammit » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Now that this election is over, let's grade Obama based on what he does, not what we think he is. It is amazing how Bush continues to get a free pass when his track record shows continuous screw up after screw up. The fact that we talk about people based on our fears seem to be so powerful.
DXL - Dynasty Xtreme League - Taking Xtreme To A Whole New Level
RZB - Red Zone Blitz - In The Face Of A Blitz Only The Strong Survive
TBL2 - The Big League 2 - Elite Status..... Identified
DMZ - Dynasty Masters Zone - Precision Strategy Defined
Dammit
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 3157
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Postby cornstalker » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Dammit wrote:Now that this election is over, let's grade Obama based on what he does, not what we think he is. It is amazing how Bush continues to get a free pass when his track record shows continuous screw up after screw up. The fact that we talk about people based on our fears seem to be so powerful.


I have to disagree with your assertion that Bush gets a free pass, far from it. If that was the case then his approval rating wouldn't be in the 30's, the left wouldn't be attacking him at every turn and the right wouldn't have abandoned him in their efforts to get re-elected.
cornstalker
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:21 pm
Location: The Tall Corn State

Postby rwood37 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:47 am

cornstalker wrote:
Dammit wrote:Now that this election is over, let's grade Obama based on what he does, not what we think he is. It is amazing how Bush continues to get a free pass when his track record shows continuous screw up after screw up. The fact that we talk about people based on our fears seem to be so powerful.


I have to disagree with your assertion that Bush gets a free pass, far from it. If that was the case then his approval rating wouldn't be in the 30's, the left wouldn't be attacking him at every turn and the right wouldn't have abandoned him in their efforts to get re-elected.


No question; I don't know that I've encountered a Bush supporter in the past two years. He definitely doesn't get a free pass and may ultimately go down as the worst President in the history of the United States.

All that said, America was prepared to take the first person different thrown our way which in my estimation is an understatement (Obama). The left has full legislative power with Obama and the Senate, so no more excuses and finger-pointing towards the GOP are reserved for them. It's time for Obama to make good on his promises (many of which I find outlandish and unrealistic). I hope for the health of our country he can exceed my very low expectations.
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:27 am

Postby 1badteetsel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 pm

just a vote, not a long ass message. no one cares.
1badteetsel
Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:28 am

Postby rwood37 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:45 am

Sorry hall monitor. We'll check with you next time to be sure we're adhering to your message board guidelines.
rwood37
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:27 am

Postby Bandits » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:39 am

Dammit wrote:Now that this election is over, let's grade Obama based on what he does, not what we think he is. It is amazing how Bush continues to get a free pass when his track record shows continuous screw up after screw up. The fact that we talk about people based on our fears seem to be so powerful.


Dammitt,

You're way off base and a little short minded I might add. The exact opposite has been happening to Bush. He's been taking more of the blame then deserved. You talk about screw up after screw up by Bush, Can you be more specific about what you think he screwed up? The fact of the matter is, the democrats have done their best to prevent Bush from being successful. They knew it was their best path to the White House. All the short minded people such as yourself don't take the time to realize that under Bush's watch, there has never been another terroist attack on American soil. Sadaam Hussein is no longer. Say what you want but after 9-11, the top priority was the security of our country and for that, he's been a success! What many people don't take the time to see, is that what President Bush has had to deal with during his terms, is unprecedented! No other President in recent times has had to deal with what Bush had been dealt. Nine months into his first term, 9-11 happened! Whatever plans he had and hoped to accomplish during his time as President, were just washed away because now he had to have a new focus. In addtion, we had the summer of 3 hurricanes that devastated Florida, Katrina, and although it didn't occur in our country, we gave significant aid when the Tsunami hit. Here are 3 major natural disasters that he had to deal with on top of 2 wars. Everyone wants to Bash Bush about the economy but when you take a real look at it, the democrats have much of the blame for current economy crisis. The democrats are the ones who pushed these subprime loans that are responsible for the crash of our bankning industry. The democrats failed to listen to warnings from many republicans including President Bush and Senator McCain about Fannie May & Freddie Mac. I could go on and on about the democrats connection and responsibility to the crash of our bankning industry. Why do you think the democrats were so anxious to do the bailout? They knew they were largely responsible for the problem! So if it makes you feel better to Bash Bush and call him a screw up (That's laughable. remember Jimmy Carter?), go ahead. You're just being ignorant!
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby FootballBuddah » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:05 am

Bandits wrote:...under Bush's watch, there has never been another terroist attack on American soil...


"Another" - now, THAT'S funny!
Image
FootballBuddah
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 pm

Postby Kansas2006 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:22 am

Bandits, you are correct in saying that our current problems are not entirely Bush's fault; Congress does have control of the pursestrings and did not excercise restraint, and Bush inherited some problems as well. But he is certainly to blame for failing to do what he could to correct those problems, and in many cases, making them worse.

You say that proof of his success is that we haven't experienced another terrorist attack on our soil, but you ignore the fact that terrorism is up worldwide, and that we've lost more people in Iraq than we lost on 9/11. Not only that, but all we are doing is giving other people reasons to become terrorists by invading and occupying their homeland. If our country was invaded wouldn't you fight back?

As for the economy, what happened to our budget surpluses? Doesn't the President propose the budget to Congress every year? I'm all for cutting taxes, but if there's no correlating spending cuts then that's irresponsible and Bush did not cut spending.

And don't blame the Democrats for failing "to listen to warnings from many republicans including President Bush and Senator McCain about Fannie May & Freddie Mac." Ron Paul was warning President Bush and the rest about this back in 2002 and he was ignored.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-26/ron-paul-on-the-housing-bubble-july-2002/

As for Bush "taking more of the blame then deserved," the President proposes 85% of the legislation in Congress, the President is the Commander In Chief of the Armed forces, the President is in charge of the machinery of Government. In short, when it comes to the Presidency, the buck stops here. He is the man in charge and has the most responsibility and thus should get the most blame.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Bandits » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 am

FootballBuddah wrote:
Bandits wrote:...under Bush's watch, there has never been another terroist attack on American soil...


"Another" - now, THAT'S funny!


Footballbuddah,

Tell me how funny you think the word "another" is once Obama takes office. You're probably another one who drank the Obama Koolaid. Once he takes over, you better wake up and smell the coffee. The euphoria will be over.
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Bandits » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 am

Kansas2006 wrote:You say that proof of his success is that we haven't experienced another terrorist attack on our soil, but you ignore the fact that terrorism is up worldwide, and that we've lost more people in Iraq than we lost on 9/11. Not only that, but all we are doing is giving other people reasons to become terrorists by invading and occupying their homeland. If our country was invaded wouldn't you fight back?

As for the economy, what happened to our budget surpluses? Doesn't the President propose the budget to Congress every year? I'm all for cutting taxes, but if there's no correlating spending cuts then that's irresponsible and Bush did not cut spending.


What I said was, Bush was a success in the security of our country after 9-11. The fact that terrorism is up worldwide and there hasn't been another terrorist attack on our soil proves my point. I agree that under Bush the spending got out of control but keep in mind, that we've had to fund 2 wars, provide aid to New York after 9-11, provide federal aid to both Florida & Louisiana for the hurricanes, as well as provide aid for the Tsunami. It hasn't been a normal 8 years for Bush.
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Kansas2006 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm

Bush has spent $6.87 trillion more than Clinton did, and the items you listed make up less than $1 trillion of that. How do you account for the rest?
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Bandits » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:34 am

Kansas2006 wrote:Bush has spent $6.87 trillion more than Clinton did, and the items you listed make up less than $1 trillion of that. How do you account for the rest?


KANSAS,

Gas Prices! LOL

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Bush allowed spending to get out of control, but he had some help from Congress. I also agree that as President, he's going to get most of the blame much like the QB of a team does. But like I said, that's because people are short minded and fail to look at the whole picture. Not sure where you're getting your figures, but I highly doubt that the items I listed made up less then 1 trillion. We've been at war nearly the entire time Bush has been in office!
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron