I am voting for....

Discuss issues and ideas not related to fantasy sports.

I am voting for

McCain / Palin
15
68%
Obama / Biden
7
32%
 
Total votes : 22

Postby Kansas2006 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Bandits wrote:Not sure where you're getting your figures, but I highly doubt that the items I listed made up less then 1 trillion. We've been at war nearly the entire time Bush has been in office!


The total cost of all three operations from FY 2001 to FY 2009 as last reported on October 15, 2008 is $864 billion.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

The aid we gave to tsunami relief was not even $1 billion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6767190/

And so on. Why aren't you upset with Bush? Aren't you mad that he failed to deliver on so many of his promises? What about privatizing social security, what about school vouchers, what about smaller government? If you voted for Bush, you should be the last person apologizing for him because he has completely turned his back on you.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Bandits » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:46 am

Kansas2006 wrote:
Bandits wrote:Not sure where you're getting your figures, but I highly doubt that the items I listed made up less then 1 trillion. We've been at war nearly the entire time Bush has been in office!


The total cost of all three operations from FY 2001 to FY 2009 as last reported on October 15, 2008 is $864 billion.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

The aid we gave to tsunami relief was not even $1 billion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6767190/

And so on. Why aren't you upset with Bush? Aren't you mad that he failed to deliver on so many of his promises? What about privatizing social security, what about school vouchers, what about smaller government? If you voted for Bush, you should be the last person apologizing for him because he has completely turned his back on you.


As I said in an earlier post, When 9-11 happened, Bush had to re-focus his agenda to the security of our country. I don't think anyone can say he hasn't been successful in that task. What he's had to deal with as President is unprecedented. Am I totally satisfied with everything he has or hasn't accomplished. Absolutely not, but I'm not upset with him for things he wanted to accomplish but didn't, do to the exigent circumstances he faced. Will you be upset with Obama when he doesn't accomplish all the things he promised? Because there is no way he can deliver on all his promises. His campaign of lowering taxes on 95% of the taxpayers is an absolute lie.
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Kansas2006 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:47 am

I will be quite happy if Obama doesn't accomplish what he promised, I didn't vote for him nor do I support his policies. I don't know what makes you think Bush has been successful in national security. Our soldiers are attacked by terrorists all the time, our allies are abandoning us and our enemies are growing in numbers. 9/11 is no excuse for Bush spending trillions of dollars and no excuse for his monetary policy and complete failure in the economy. He is a failed president. I've pointed out where you are wrong regarding the subprime mortgage crisis, the cost of the war, and the complete failure of Bush to deliver on his campaign promises. I guess facts don't matter when you've got 9/11 as an excuse for your failures.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby FootballBuddah » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Bandits wrote:
FootballBuddah wrote:
Bandits wrote:...under Bush's watch, there has never been another terroist attack on American soil...


"Another" - now, THAT'S funny!


Footballbuddah,

Tell me how funny you think the word "another" is once Obama takes office. You're probably another one who drank the Obama Koolaid. Once he takes over, you better wake up and smell the coffee. The euphoria will be over.


It's funny just like someone saying, "Well, so far - Ted Kennedy hasn't killed "another" staff member in the Chappaquiddick."
Image
FootballBuddah
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 pm

Postby Bandits » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Kansas2006 wrote:I will be quite happy if Obama doesn't accomplish what he promised, I didn't vote for him nor do I support his policies. I don't know what makes you think Bush has been successful in national security. Our soldiers are attacked by terrorists all the time, our allies are abandoning us and our enemies are growing in numbers. 9/11 is no excuse for Bush spending trillions of dollars and no excuse for his monetary policy and complete failure in the economy. He is a failed president. I've pointed out where you are wrong regarding the subprime mortgage crisis, the cost of the war, and the complete failure of Bush to deliver on his campaign promises. I guess facts don't matter when you've got 9/11 as an excuse for your failures.


When we haven't had a terrorist attack on our soil since 9-11, I call that a success. Our troops are winning in Iraq. You've made no points about me being wrong about the sub-prime mortgage crisis. Check your history and you'll see that it was the democrats that are responsible for forcing banks into sub-prime loans and giving out mortgages to those that can't afford it. That dates back to the Carter administration. It was the idiot Barney Frank who denied there was any problems with Fannie or Freddie when the warnings were given several years ago. I'm not calling Bush the greatest President since sliced bread. I'm just able to see the big picture and not puting all the blame on his shoulders. On that, I guess we can agree to disagree.
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Kansas2006 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Bandits wrote:I'm just able to see the big picture and not puting all the blame on his shoulders.


But when it comes to national security you completely ignore the "big picture." You narrowly define success as not having an attack on our soil. Never mind our shrinking list of allies and growing list of enemies, and the growing list of deaths of our soldiers. While things improve in Iraq they are disintegrating in Afghanistan. The big picture is bleak, and instead of ending the cycle of violence between the US and these people Bush has decided to try and kill them all. Bin Laden lives and Al Qaeda's recruiting is up.

Fail.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Bandits » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Kansas2006 wrote:
Bandits wrote:I'm just able to see the big picture and not puting all the blame on his shoulders.


But when it comes to national security you completely ignore the "big picture." You narrowly define success as not having an attack on our soil. Never mind our shrinking list of allies and growing list of enemies, and the growing list of deaths of our soldiers. While things improve in Iraq they are disintegrating in Afghanistan. The big picture is bleak, and instead of ending the cycle of violence between the US and these people Bush has decided to try and kill them all. Bin Laden lives and Al Qaeda's recruiting is up.

Fail.


Difference being, We're fighting them there and not here. You're nieve if you think we can ever end the cycle of violence with those people. They consider it a religious victory when they kill americans. When there is war, soldiers will die. Did you forget that over 3000 INNOCENT americans were killed in an unprovoked attack on our soil?? There ultimate victory is to kill americans on our soil and that has happened again since 9-11. SUCCESS!
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Kansas2006 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Unprovoked you say? We never interfered in their politics? We never deposed their leaders? We never supported oppressive dictators? We never took sides in their wars? We never gave aid to their enemies? We never bombed them? We never starved them with embargos? It seems your view of history begins on 9/10/01. This conflict goes back much further than that, but I don't think you really care. You're completely sold on the idea that this isn't a political struggle that's been going on for years, but just a bunch of religious fanatics that up and decided to attack us because they hate freedom. Ignorance is bliss, have fun with that.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Bandits » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:09 am

So what your saying is we deserved the attack on 9-11. We provoked them to the point that we deserved to have thousands of innocent people killed. You must be on the Rev Wright train! You sure you didn't vote for Obama? Sadaam Hussein was just a misunderstood dictator right? He didn't really mean to kill all those thousands upon thousands of his own people! I'm well aware of the conflict we've had in the middle east and that it's gone on well before 9-11. You seem to dislike our country and what we stand for. Why don't you take the next train to Canada and don't let the door hit you in the a@$?
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Kansas2006 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:50 pm

The three thousand people who were killed on 9/11 didn't deserve to be killed any more than the hundreds of thousands of innocent people we've killed. I'm sure when Obama turns out to be as bloodthirsty as Bush, you'll start to warm up to him.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Bandits » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:51 am

Kansas2006 wrote:The three thousand people who were killed on 9/11 didn't deserve to be killed any more than the hundreds of thousands of innocent people we've killed. I'm sure when Obama turns out to be as bloodthirsty as Bush, you'll start to warm up to him.


You make me laugh. Do you really believe our troops have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people??? Get real! If you don't see the difference between us and them, you must be one of them. It's people like you that undermine all the good things our troops do for us and the sacrifices they make. You enjoy the freedom they help provide you, and then damn them for the way they provide it. Go hug a tree, it might make you feel better.
Bandits
Veteran
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 am

Postby Kansas2006 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Bandits wrote:You make me laugh. Do you really believe our troops have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people??? Get real!


Your view of history begins on 9/10/2001, I see a little farther back is all. And I didn't say our troops. There are other ways to kill than with bullets.
Kansas2006
All Pro
All Pro
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Gumbo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:05 pm

It's people like you that undermine all the good things our troops do for us and the sacrifices they make. You enjoy the freedom they help provide you, and then damn them for the way they provide it. Go hug a tree, it might make you feel better.


So glad i stepped in here today. I had not had my fill of A-Holes yet today.

People like you. The words of someone who happens to think anyone who is not LIKE THEM is wrong.

By the way. The soldiers have not been fighting for MY freedom. I have NO fear of anyone from Iraq. If they want to fight for MY freedom, tell them to throw shoes at the moron who has taken them away from me.

I have no idea how Obama will do. But i do know that a blind, deaf and retarded jackel could do better then the moron who will finally leave on January 20.
Gumbo
Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:42 am

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron