Trade deadline?

Share advice with other fantasy league commissioners. Trade trips and tricks.

Trade deadline?

Postby KingPrawn » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Need a little help here with our league's trade deadline.

I have the weekly trade deadline set to Saturday at 5 PM

and then under:

After which fantasy week should trading be suspended? I have it set to Week 10

But tonight when I went to enter a test trade to another team the site allowed me to propose the trade.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't the site not allowed the trade proposal?
KingPrawn
Rookie

Re: Trade deadline?

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:05 am

The system will still let you propose trades until the week you set trades to be suspended is over (after week 10).
But no trades can be accepted in any week after the weekly trade deadline time (5pm every Saturday).
Probably not the perfect way to have it work, but it effectively does what you want by stopping any trades from being executed after 5pm Saturday of Week 10.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KingPrawn » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:21 pm

ChrisToeFer wrote:The system will still let you propose trades until the week you set trades to be suspended is over (after week 10).
But no trades can be accepted in any week after the weekly trade deadline time (5pm every Saturday).
Probably not the perfect way to have it work, but it effectively does what you want by stopping any trades from being executed after 5pm Saturday of Week 10.

Thanks
KingPrawn
Rookie

Postby KingPrawn » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:17 am

ChrisToeFer wrote:The system will still let you propose trades until the week you set trades to be suspended is over (after week 10).

This isn't correct. After our weekly trade deadline of 4 pm last Saturday there was a trade proposed AND accepted by two teams around 8:45 that night. Sunday morning I get an e-mail from them asking if I could approve of their trade. I never received a notice that a trade was accepted. But to me your system never should have allowed that trade to be even proposed in the first place after the deadline, much less accepted. It hasn't been that way in the past years.

Nor is a response of "probably not the perfect way for it to work". We are paying good money for your system for it to work. And this response of essentially "Oh well, close enough" is disappointing.

The Weekly Stat Change thread had a very similar response. The response there was "the guy updating the stats may not always post the alert."

Our league has used RTSports from the very beginning. Just about every year I get push back from league members to switch to a free site. I always tell them that your customer service is top notch and very helpful and invaluable as a commissioner. But if this is the way your customer service and the quality of site is going it may be time to make the switch. It's hard for me to justify to league members anymore to be honest.
KingPrawn
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:25 am

King,

I don't see any accepted trades in your league after the 5pm deadline last week. I see the 3 test trades you proposed, none of which were accepted. And I see 1 other trade between 2 teams at 8:47pm that was never accepted. Perhaps they wanted to accept the trade, but since the system would not let them accept it, they contacted the commish to do it for them? This is no different than how I said it would work. Yes it's not perfect that it lets teams still propose trades after the 5pm deadline of the final week of trading. But the bottom line is no trade is allowed to be accepted after 5pm on Saturday of week 10, which is exactly what you want.

If the system were letting trades get accepted after the deadline, we would be getting dozens of emails and phone calls and it would be a huge problem we would fix immediately. The system is, however, letting trades be proposed for a few hours after they shouldn't be on the final week of trades. None of this software has changed for a few years so I'm sure it's nothing new, but thank you for making us aware, it's definitely something we want to fix, it was added to our list last week and will get addressed.

As for the stat changes, like I mentioned in my post in that thread, there's now a new page dedicated to stat changes. The information on that page is updated every Thursday around Noon just like the home page alert used to be. I'm told that for a few weeks they wanted to maintain the alert and the new stat correction page as customers got used to the new page and where it was located. They phased out the alert a few weeks back as they feel it's no longer necessary to clutter the home page up for a few days every week with stat changes that most owners do not care about and the ones that do can drill into the new page and get 100 times more information than the alert ever showed them. Go check out all the information on the current NFL->Stat Corrections page and I would think you'll agree this is a huge improvement over the old 2 lines summarizing the weekly stat changes.

I'm sorry if I implied "oh well, that's close enough" with either one of these. What I'm saying with both of these things is the primary most important part of the functionality is intact and working.
... You cannot accept trades after the trade deadline, check - yes you identified a minor annoyance (that's been there for years) with proposing trades after the deadline that cannot be accepted - we will fix it.
... You have a place to view stat changes, double check because it's much improved - yes this means the home page alert has been phased out for something better.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Commissioner's Corner