What's new in 2018 baseball

Talk fantasy baseball, player evaluation, strategies and all things baseball!

What's new in 2018 baseball

Postby ChrisToeFer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Big League format is going to 12-team leagues. AL-only and NL-only will remain at 10.

Trading will be an option for Big League format. RTSports will approve/veto all trades, no league voting.

FAAB leagues will have a free-agent pickup period on Monday's from 7am-1pm (or start of 1st game of the week if it's before 1pm). This applies to Grand Slam, High Stakes, RTFBC formats (all other formats already had this). All picked up players will cost $1 against team's FAAB.

A new Draftmasters total points league style with bench players. Will be very much like football, where the system determines which of your players were best each week and puts them in your starting lineup. It will not be head-to-head, but total points for the season, with weekly lineups set by the system.

Strongly considering changing Triple Play format to 12-team leagues. Going with 10 for now, probably re-assess in February.

RTFBC is back for year 2 with it's unique scoring (OBP and Holds).

Slow drafts will continue to use some of the late enhancements from last year such as notifying team's up via text messaging as well as draft clock times of 2, 4, or 8 hours.

Enhanced ADP reports, distinguish between roto and total-points rules.

Ohtani - in managed leagues he will start out with P and OF/U eligibility. He can be either a pitcher or a hitter each week in you're lineup and will collect the corresponding stats for that position, but he cannot be played at both pitcher and hitter in a given week. In best-ball leagues (Draftmasters), he is designated as a pitcher and will only accumulate pitching stats.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's new in 2018 baseball

Postby del6 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 am

HELLO, Question on draftmasters a new league with the scoring you talked about are you going to have the old way say from last year and the new 12 team big league I guess you start with 12 points didn't see that in the rules
del6
Rookie

Postby ff62 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:06 am

Why was the 10 team mixed BL 29 format eliminated? I think that was one of your top team choices. Yesterday I read the rules and it was still listed, but that option (10 team mixed) has been removed from the league creation page. I have already completed 5 drafts this year using that format and the option was removed last week. Last year, I was told that once the league rules were set, they could NOT be changed. Yet that is exactly what has happened this year it seems. I even listed 10 team in the description spot for the league hoping that would work and it didn't. I'd appreciate a reply please. My phone calls have not received a return call from anyone. Thanks, Lou
ff62
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:21 pm

ff62 wrote:Why was the 10 team mixed BL 29 format eliminated? I think that was one of your top team choices. Yesterday I read the rules and it was still listed, but that option (10 team mixed) has been removed from the league creation page. I have already completed 5 drafts this year using that format and the option was removed last week. Last year, I was told that once the league rules were set, they could NOT be changed. Yet that is exactly what has happened this year it seems. I even listed 10 team in the description spot for the league hoping that would work and it didn't. I'd appreciate a reply please. My phone calls have not received a return call from anyone. Thanks, Lou

Lou, we simply made a business decision that more of our customers would prefer a 12-team format for that game going forward. We have heard from many customers on both sides of that fence over the years. Although we aren't planning on it, 10-team could return at some point, so we left it in the rules.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ff62 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Thanks very much for the reply. The decision is yours to make, but I doubt that ANY leagues filled as quickly this year as your 10 team drafts - 5 already completed before 2 of the others get done. But THANKS FOR THE ANSWER - VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
ff62
Rookie

Return to RealTime Baseball